Corning Volunteer Fire Department
founded in 1912 and relied on hose carts and fire
hydrants for fire protection. In 1920, the department
purchased its first motorozed fire engine: a 1920
Brockway, still in use today for parades and other
community events. In 1939 a two-story, three bay
facility was built on Fifth Street, one half block
off the main street. Two bays were added in 1969.
In 1990 a new dispatch center was added which
includes offices and living quarters. Housed at
the station are three Class A pumpers, two brush
engines and a rescue squad.
The Department protects an area of five square
miles, including a business district, two shopping
centers and two large truck stops. The Corning
Volunteer Fire Department is located at 814 Fifth
The services provided by the dispatch unit will
be conducted in a professional and timely manner.
All contact with the public will be positive and
calm, whether in an emergency or non-emergency